Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 4
    I took part and one fo the main things I loved about the tourny was the oppourtunity for people in the group stages to get to play on the mini stage, great idea there guys.

Also i loved it coz i won a game lol

0 Not allowed!

Failing Community Admin!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 20
    The final. ****ing owned.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 282
    Given: 94
    Quote Originally Posted by adzzzz View Post
    lovely stream, other than the hiccups of the final, in pivotal moments of battle heh, but there's always going to be tech glitches with the new equipment and venue all sorts
    There was indeed a few hickups with the new HD kit which unfortunately caused a few seconds of black screens during the SC2 final but we know why and how we intend to ensure that doesnt happen at the next event

We would love to hear what external viewers thought of the stream?

0 Not allowed!

`';..;'`
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 7
    I played in both tourneys and watched the rest once I was knocked out, very entertaining. Will definatley be back for more at the next iSeries

0 Not allowed!

Keyboard Warrior
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 45
    stake the claim for a better seeding system or a pro/am format to avoid getting ganked ****less by a top 5 seed for the 3rd i-series event in a row. Not one of the "seeded" people failed to top their group (with only 1 unlucky sod loosing a single match to someone) so there is clearly an issue. The pros don't want to particularly waste time raping us with one 100apm finger and most don't want to get raped to that degree.

Other than the seedings being done craaazily late and appeared to delay the start of the event, everything went fine and shall be entering the next one - Kharn needs someone to cut and paste everything he says 10 times to muppets who dont read anyway so I'll be needed

0 Not allowed!

Event Manager Staff Member Kharne's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 288
    Given: 613
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostchanter View Post
    stake the claim for a better seeding system or a pro/am format to avoid getting ganked ****less by a top 5 seed for the 3rd i-series event in a row. Not one of the "seeded" people failed to top their group (with only 1 unlucky sod loosing a single match to someone) so there is clearly an issue. The pros don't want to particularly waste time raping us with one 100apm finger and most don't want to get raped to that degree.

Other than the seedings being done craaazily late and appeared to delay the start of the event, everything went fine and shall be entering the next one - Kharn needs someone to cut and paste everything he says 10 times to muppets who dont read anyway so I'll be needed
    Unfortunately the whole entire point of seedings is to keep the best players apart until the later stages of the tournament. Seed 1 and 2 are designed to not meet until the grand final. If you BEAT the seeded player in your group, then you inherit the seed and may have an easier route to the final. If you dont beat people, then you dont deserve to move on in the tournament - this is completely normal.

Thanks for the help in IRC during the group stages btw - I had things to do coming from about 5 directions which meant I neglected the channel some times in favor of sorting out my list of 10+ PMs with other issues people had - plus the guys that had to come and talk to me

Rest assured next event I will not need to do a WCG tournament on the first day and would LOVE to sort out a tournament PURELY for those that fail to qualify from the groups. So we find out the best of the worst :P

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 282
    Given: 94
    We're also gonna try our best to get some new features into the CF that will make Kharn's job easier, there I said it in public now m8y

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 11
    Yeah, as a silver league player, it hurt getting gangbanged by a diamond and masters terrans :<

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1
    Hang on a second, where's my mention for being your assistant bitch for half a day? eh? EH!?!? Next time I'll take your cold coke and you won't get a warm one back!

0 Not allowed!

Professional Swearer
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 19
    I was external the entire time.

I couldn't watch it on Own3d at all due to the stuttering video. I would get approximately 0.5 FPS on the Own3d 2.5MBit stream although the audio was perfect.

I watched as much as I could on Twitch.tv though and that worked fine the entire time.

I am well aware my internet connection is very poor. But that doesn't explain why I could watch the entire stream of i41 and i42 on Fileplay and all the StarcraftII that I could on Twitch.tv.

0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information