i8 LightBikes 2 Pimp polygon_monkey's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    More variety in food. Pizza got a bit tireing (and expensive) after a while

More variety in softdrinks (Coke melts your teeth so it does...you can feel it...)

To be selling computer/game stuff
    You could of easiky sold ram, joypads, mice, microphones (we went on a hunt for microphones and it almost made me late for my Q3 tourney) and copies of Q3, UT etc. If you had been able to get B&W or Tribes 2 early you could of sold hundreds of copies. Try get the local GAME or computer shop to provide a stand.

Advertise the showers more. On that sunday I have never felt more skanky and horrible than I had ever been in my life. When I don't shampoo my hair for two days it exploded into a nast mess of horrible feeling ick. (I had the bus journey to and from edinburgh to add to my discomfort).

Maybe some TV's so people can hook up their consoles and take a brake from HL/Q3/whatever. I had my dreamcast on a 15inch mon which kinda sucked and some people to play against (A Soul Calibur or Dead or Alive 2 tounrey would of been great) would be nice. If you were to provide some tvs next time I would take my dreamcast and PS2 (and the saturn...guardian heros 6 player..ARAGAGSGSAGSG) for some SC/TTT/DOA2/SSX and whatever else people want to play fun.

0 Not allowed!

Just Plain Awesome! SquireMuldoon's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    More variety in food. Pizza got a bit tireing (and expensive) after a while
    Before Domino's were convinced in was in the interest to have an on-site stall, everything not supplied by the venue food stall was standard takeaway. I dont see why you cant phone up another local place and get something else delivered.
    Of course there's nothing to stop you from bringing your own food ya know.

More variety in softdrinks (Coke melts your teeth so it does...you can feel it...)
    Again, we dont supply these. These were on sale at the domino's stall. If ya cant bring your own food and drink, there is a local 24hr Tesco nearby if you can scav a lift.

To be selling computer/game stuff.
    You could of easily sold ram, joypads, mice, microphones (we went on a hunt for microphones and it almost made me late for my Q3 tourney) and copies of Q3, UT etc. If you had been able to get B&W or Tribes 2 early you could of sold hundreds of copies. Try get the local GAME or computer shop to provide a stand.
    Youd think that, but its not as viable as it initially sounds. These things cost quite a bit of money to stock and there is always only a limited demand, not usually making it worthwhile, not to mention some of the hardware mentioned suffers rapide devaluation.
    MPUK have tried stocking hardware in the past, and still do sell a limited range such as mousemats, earphones and network cards, but ultimately I dont think it was worth the hassle.
    Already released games suffer the same problem. Most peeps who want to play them have em already.

We tried getting deals for T2 and B&W, but ultimately they fell though, and as for GAME or EB, I believe they declined the opportunity.

Advertise the showers more
    Good point. I dont recall us pimping it as much as we have in the past, generally cos few people ever used em anyway. Maybe a big sign or something....

Maybe some TV's so people can hook up their consoles and take a brake from HL/Q3/whatever
    A nice idea, but may not be practical. We need to find space for the TVs and power, and is there really the interest? Anyway, who would provide the TVs?
    I think we've probably discussed this in the passed but dismissed it because of the extra work involved.
    Of course, if there was massive demand we'd re-evaluate teh situation.

Hope that answers your questions.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Yeah. Thanks.

Maybe a list (and numbers of course) of local takeaways could be nice in the welcome pack. A nice bit of chinese would of been great to break up that pizza blues. Or we could of ordered from Pizza Hut or something.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Local newbury food places was a section on the intranet

/me makes note: Pimp intranet more

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    ah..ok...stupid me...

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Originally posted by polygon_monkey
    Maybe some TV's so people can hook up their consoles and take a brake from HL/Q3/whatever.
    Nice ideas there, polygonol guy, thanks for that - but if I ever see anyone at an i8 event with a console I will be hard pressed to fight back the urge to sacrifice it to the gods of open standards, upgradability and choice.

0 Not allowed!

old guy, made today work. zhardoum's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    almost as good as the bloke who brought a MAC to I5 or was it I6, he'd didnt get to play too many games, but he sure did a nice graphics LOL

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Originally posted by zhardoum
    almost as good as the bloke who brought a MAC to I5 or was it I6, he'd didnt get to play too many games, but he sure did a nice graphics LOL
    hmm my iMac would make a great LAN box, and it plays UT and quake3 more than reasonably.
    but sod it, i'm bringing my PC so i can play network hearts again!

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,209
    Given: 818
    Atar, your on!

0 Not allowed!
    SHAZAAM! - My Achievements! - Join http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/ NOW!, or rot in Heck - XBox Live Tag : cabe007

"Out the 100 Base-T port, past the Router, off the Bridge, through the Firewall..... Nothing but Net."

"The views expressed above are those of the poster and not those of Multiplay UK."

Thread Information